This months challenge for Monthly Makers is light, which is perfect for the darkness of November. And I’ve made a cloud lamp!
I made my first lit cloud a few years ago, but it didn’t turn out great as I used an electric tea light inside the cloud and it simply wasn’t enough to light it up. But I’ve been meaning to try again, and with this challenge and this video from KickThePJ I just had to! It’s like I’m Thor and have my very own lightning. So great.
It’s pretty simple, you just grab a paper lantern and then put LED (!!) fairy lights inside it, and then you just glue lots and lots of wadding to it. I also used my felting needle to get the right shape! Super simple and super pretty.
What is Monthly Makers?
- A creative challenge for anyone to be a part of.
- 12 themes, 12 blogs, 12 months. One theme for every month of the year, one blog hosting every theme.
- The theme is presented the 10th every month by the hosting blog.
- To participate, just create something on said theme between the 10th and the 25th.
- The 25th every month the hosting blog will publish their own creation, and in the comment section to this post you will be able to comment and share your own creation, whether it’s a blog post or an instagram picture or something else – just link it.
- At the end of the month the hosting blog will put together a post with all of our creations.