December is super intense Monthly Makers-wise with the advent calendar (check it out here) but we still have a regular word to be inspired by !
As you might know, it’s GLASS, and you can check out the Alicia’s post about it here. It’s easily the most challenging word for me so far. (Which means it is the most challenging word of the YEAR. Can you believe it’s already been a year? So crazy!) I had a lot of different (bad) ideas but I finally got an idea that got me SO INSPIRED. Like probably the most inspired I’ve been all year. Had so much fun making this, and it brought me back my first days with a DSLR where I was just amazed by how beautiful the blurry bits were. So what did I make?
This:Prism pictures! And it all started with this little Christmas tree decoration! I suddenly got the idea to take pictures through it (though I’m fairly sure it’s made of plastic and not glass but it looks like glass so whatever) one evening. At first I just took pictures of the effects inside the crystal, but I WANTED MORE and went out the day after and started taking pictures through parts of it and got these cool sparkly and kaleidoscopic effects! So so so so much fun!
Are you guys making a glass creation?
What is Monthly Makers?
- A creative challenge for anyone to be a part of.
- 12 themes, 12 blogs, 12 months. One theme for every month of the year, one blog hosting every theme.
- The theme is presented the 10th every month by the hosting blog.
- To participate, just create something on said theme between the 10th and the 25th.
- The 25th every month the hosting blog will publish their own creation, and in the comment section to this post you will be able to comment and share your own creation, whether it’s a blog post or an instagram picture or something else – just link it.
- At the end of the month the hosting blog will put together a post with all of our creations.